Saturday, December 22, 2012

Calm Down And Deal With Conflict Like An Adult


Achieving peace of mind is possible. It's not always going to be easy, especially when emotions are running high, but if you're willing to work on it, you can do anything you put your mind to. Everyone has had fights, especially with their partners. Most of the time, your past plays a large role on how you react to pressure.

You've been burned badly, and the thought of it happening again sends you running to the hills. You can never hide from reality. You may be able to avoid it for a while, but you're only delaying the situation. In the end, you still have to face the firing squad.

Just Breathe


In order to calm yourself, you need to learn the art of thinking things through. You might think that this is such a simple exercise that won’t make a difference. Well, don’t knock it "til you've tried it". It’s so simple because all you need to do is set aside a few minutes of your time each day. Look for a quiet spot and breathe in and out, slowly.

Free your mind from negative thoughts. It takes a while to perfect the art because you'll constantly be plagued with what you need to do. If it helps, remind yourself that this exercise only takes less than 5 minutes. And whenever you are upset, immediately find your safe place and count to 10. This helps a lot, especially when you tend to react quickly to the confrontation that's about to take place. More importantly, this stops you from saying things that you later end up regretting.

Take Action


Of course, problems aren't solved solely through thinking about them. You have to do the legwork to start making things happen. After you've calmed your nerves, show that you're willing to move past the fight by thinking of ways on how you can remedy the situation. If there's something that's plaguing you constantly, think of possible solutions.

Talk to friends and get well-meaning advice. If you need to confront someone, do it but also make sure that you're doing this with a clear mind. Don't let the situation turn violent. Approach your partner in a matter-of-fact fashion and be wary of the words you use. Tell them why you got hurt and try to see where they're coming from as well. Remember, kindness begets kindness.

Show Some Kindness


Another good way to calm yourself is to actually show your loved one that you're actually a good person. These may not have anything to do with your problems, but when you see that you're actually being nice, you feel more complete. You get to realize that everyone is going through something and that some people are actually worse off than others. You get to appreciate what you have, and when you get to see the look of gratitude on their face, you'll feel the reward from deep within your soul. So, make sure to see the good in life and in what you have.

Every couple has their share of trials, and your relationship is no exception. There's no better way of giving you hope than knowing that you're willing to be better than the rest and that you value your loved one enough to make a change.

1 comment:

  1. You can get your ex back and cure your infertility problems with Dr. Odunga. 
      When I met Dr.Odunga, my husband had divorced me because I was a barren woman of 41 and I have been married for 21 years. I was devastated and confused as a woman of my age until when I went online to look for help on how to get my marriage back then I met Dr. Odunga. Within 48 hours of contacting him, my ex husband came back home and pleaded for me to forgive him and take him back after 5 months of divorce. I accepted him back and then I told Dr. Odunga of my bareness for him to help me with child. He did the spell and sent me the natural herbs for fertility that I will use and immediately I used this medicine, I conceived. My husband got me pregnant and I gave birth to a baby girl. Presently, I am a mother of a beautiful girl and I am happy in my marriage. This is all thanks to Dr. Odunga and his wonderful work. Contact Dr. Odunga Via Whats App number +2348167159012. Email at: odungaspelltemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete